Occupational Therapist Study Recruitment Opportunity
Investigating the mental health and resiliency of occupational therapists during the pandemic and lessons learned to optimize the quality of healthcare.
To examine the stressors of healthcare providers who have not received much research attention, despite their instrumental role in the fight against COVID-19 in Canada. These healthcare providers include Occupational Therapists (OTs). Therefore, the focus of this study is to learn from the experiences of OTs working during the pandemic with the goal of understanding the following:
- Identify the type of stressors that OTs face with a COVID-19 context
- Understand ‘why’ and ‘how’ these stressors emerge and their impact on service provision
- Identify the lessons learned from the pandemic and how to improve well-being and service provision and ultimately help optimize the Canadian healthcare system.
The commitment is one 60-90 minute virtual focus group. To be eligible:
- The person is authorized by their regulatory body or health system to undertake the duties in that occupational group, and
- Has been working in at least a part-time capacity since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada.
See the flyer below for more details and contact information.